CULTURE QUARTET COMPETITION
LEAGUE OF WRITERS
THE HUB OF MEDITERRANEAN TASTE.
Made in Albania
The idea of the project is to use the League of writers as a center for the promotion of the Albanian and Mediterranean wine & food culture inside the city of Tirana. The aim is to realize a structure capable to be an international point of reference about feeding culture, agriculture and sustainable development.
What happens inside the League?
The building will host different functions inside, some of these will be temporary,
– A bookshop on wine and food culture, both Albanian and Mediterranean, selling of professional and traditional tools for cooking, selling of biological and local products;
– A multifunctional hall capable to host meetings and debates about food and wine culture, about food production and sustainable agriculture;
– A school oriented on traditional food and cooking, with classrooms equipped to host courses and workshops;
– A cafè, which can work as a meeting space independent from the opening hours of the other activities;
– An administrative area to manage and organize all the different activities.
How it relates to the city of Tirana?
The new “Hub” is a public building that will offer services to the city. It will be accessible and open for daily activities, weekly meetings, or monthly events. Thanks to the presence of the courtyard, cafe on the ground floor, in the space of the portico, will also be a place of exchange and a daily meeting point. The new “Hub” will be for the city of Tirana a benchmark for the gastronomic culture, to promote it and for its spread.
Who use this building?
This space is open to all the citizens of Tirana interested to learn and develop a culture related to the world of taste and flavor. The Hub is open to professionals in this field who wants to participate to an extended net related to the excellence of food tradition in Albania and in the Mediterranean countries; to tourists who are curious to know and taste the local food culture and its specialties; to producers who want to spread their products and show their specific qualities; to people who want to learn cooking following local traditions or experimenting other kind of cuisine; to chefs who want to share their experiences and knowledge.
Prof. Arch. Peter T. Lang, Curator
Consuelo Nunez Ciuffa
ALN | ARCHITEKTURBÜRO LEINHÄUPL + NEUBER
Stefania Di Pisa
2A+P/A ALN Peter T. Lang
Competitions, Interior, Learning